advantages and disadvantages of amazon web services
The AWS bouquet of services includes the following:
- Simple Storage Service – This covers archiving of application programs and data and online backup. The service is low cost, high speed and scalable.
- CloudDrive – This lets users utilize web-connected devices to access and upload photos, music, documents, and videos. They can also use their devices to stream music.
- RedShift – The service is designed for analytic workloads connecting with business intelligence tools and standard SQL based clients. It is a data warehouse service that handles petabyte-scale data.
- CloudSearch – is used for the integration of customized search capabilities and is a scalable search service.
- Mechanical Turk – This lets developers incorporate human intelligence in remote procedure calls. It is an application program interface (API) that uses a human network to carry out tasks that computers are not suitable for.
- Dynamo Database – is a NoSQL database which is fully managed and known for its scalability and low latencies.
- ElastiCache – is protocol-compliant with Memcached, which alleviates database load by speeding up dynamic web applications. Memcached is an open source and high performing distributed memory object caching system. ElastiCache is a fully managed caching service.
- Elastic Compute Cloud – can be used as an unlimited number of virtual machines and lets business subscribers run app programs.