This is a simple, fun game that gets everyone involved physically. The goal is for your team to create letters and words with their bodies alone. It’s a great way to get people to loosen up and have fun at a team retreat.
Number of participants: 8-24 people
Duration: 30 minutes
Objective: Learn planning, creative thinking and cooperation
Disabling “Use Socket For PHP-FPM” did the trick.
How to play
1. Find a wide open area without any obstacles.
2. Divide participants into teams of 4-8 people. Each team chooses one team leader.
3. Write down a bunch of words with the one letter less than as the number of people in each team (i.e. if there are 5 people per team, pick words like “book”, “cats”, etc.) on index cards.
4. Pick a word at random. Each team then has to make the word with their bodies alone. Each team member can contort his/her shape to form a letter, which can then form words. The team leaders can direct their teams.
5. Set a time limit of 5-7 minute for each word.
6. The team that makes the word the fastest wins.
7. In each round, ask the team to choose a different leader.
One of the challenges of organizing team retreats is getting people to loosen up. A physical activity that engages the entire team is a good way to get people to relax. Picking a leader and collaborating to create different letters also helps build leadership, planning and cooperation.