A quick take on dumb charades. One person from the group has to demonstrate an object. The others have to guess what it is. Great for inspiring creativity and getting people to loosen up at the start of an event. Also works great as an interlude between longer activities.
Number of participants: Any
Duration: 10-20 minutes
Objective: Inspire creativity
How to play
1. Ask one person from the group to volunteer.
2. Show this volunteer a common object (either an actual object or a picture on your phone) such as a lampshade, a computer desk, a kite, etc.
3. The volunteer must now demonstrate the object before the group without speaking. They can use gestures, actions and use their bodies in any way necessary to show what the object is and what it does.
4. The rest of the group has to guess the object out loud – just like dumb charades – within 2-3 minutes.
5. Ask other people to volunteer for the next round and repeat the process.
As far as team-building activities go, this one is quite simple. It also won’t have a lasting impact on the team itself. But it works great as an opener or as a short activity to fill in the gaps. It encourages people to participate, plus it’s easy for everyone regardless of age or enthusiasm. Additionally, it forces people to be creative.