How to apply for Marriage Certificate in India – Details here
and the most vital document of a marriage. In 2006, the Supreme Court made it compulsory to register the marriage for the women protection.
- For Marriage Registration under Hindu Act: You can apply at office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction the husband or wife resides on any working day.
- Fill the Application form duly signed by both husband and wife.
- Verification of all the documents is carried out on the date of application and a day is fixed for the appointment and communicated to the parties for registration.
- On the said day, both parties, alongwith a Gazetted Officer who attended their marriage, need to be present before the ADM. The Certificate is issued on the same day.
- Completely filled application form signed by both husband and wife
- Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport, Driving License
- Proof of Date of Birth of both husband and wife
- 2 passport sized photographs, 1 marriage photograph
- Separate Marriage Affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife Aadhaar Card All documents must be self attested. Marriage Invitation Card
- Aadhaar Card
- All documents must be self attested.
- Marriage Invitation Card
- If you are applying for a passport or opening a bank account after the wedding, then Marriage Certificate is required.
- Extremely helpful in obtaining visas for both husband and wife.
- As the foreign embassies in India as well as in countries outside India, do not recognize traditional marriages, the Marriage Certificate is mandatory for the couple to travel abroad using a spouse visa.
- Enables a spouse in claiming life insurance return or bank deposits in case of demise of the Insurer or depositor without any nominee.