The IBPS RRB 2020 exam notification is released for the recruitment of 9968 Group A – Officers (scale I, II and III) and Group B – Office assistant (multipurpose) positions in regional rural banks (RRB).The official notification is available at IBPS website, ibps.in
Regional Rural Banks (RRB) are present in rural areas & provides banking facilities to people in those areas.Similar to a common exam for PO & Clerks in commercial banks, IBPS RRB 2020 recruitment is announced for jobs in these rural banks.
For the current IBPS RRB recruitment IX 2020, 43 RRB`s have announced their vacancies.Those qualifying in this test are appointed as an Officer (Scale I, II, III) or Office assistant positions in any of the regional rural bank.
Dates to remember:
Registrations of applications – July 1 to 27, 2020
Preliminary examinations: September/ October 2020 (dates will be released later)
Main exams: October/ November 2020 (dates will be released later)
Final allotments to be completed in January 2021
IBPS RRB 2020 Vacancies:
The total number of IBPS RRB jobs for 2020 is 10472 posts, which would be filled in regional rural banks across India.The cadre-wise positions will be filled as:
- Office Assistant – 5328
- Officer Scale-I – 3928
- Officer Scale II (General Banking Officer) – 838
- Officer Scale-II (Agricultural Officer) – 100
- Officer Scale II (IT) – 59
- Officer Scale II (Law) – 26
- Officer Scale II (CA) – 26
- Officer Scale II (Marketing Officer) – 8
- Officer Scale II (Treasury Manager) – 3
- Officer Scale III – 156
These vacancies are tentative and could increase or decrease at the time of final allotment, which will be decided by the IBPS.
IBPS RRB 2020 Eligibility
Inorder to apply for IBPS RRB 2020 examination, you must satisfy the following conditions:
Agelimit: It is compulsory that candidates should fulfil the age conditions, as on July 1, 2020:
- Office assistant: between 18 – 28 yrs
- Scale I officer: above 18 & below 30 yrs
- Scale II officer: above 21 & below 32 yrs
- Scale III officer: above 21 & below 40 years
While the above are only for general category, relaxation applies for others. (max. age +3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST)
- Should have completed degree (any discipline) from a recognized university as on July 21, 2020.
- Must posses proficiency in local language of the state where RRB is located.
- Passed in local language at std. 8th or above.
If any candidate is not proficient in the regional language or has not studied in class 8 or above, 6 months time will be given to learn the language, which could be extended further by the respective RRB.
IBPS RRB 2020 Selection Process:
The IBPS RRB exam 2020 pattern shall have two tier exam – Preliminary test for a total of 80 marks & Main examinations for 200 marks.
Candidates applying for Office Assistant & Officer (scale I) are only required to appear for prelims.Scale II & III applicants should appear for main exam directly.
Qualifiers of the main exam will be shortlisted for a common interview process after which allotments in RRBs will happen based on the final merit list.
There are no interviews for office assistants.They are directly appointed on the basis of their main exam scores.
Books for IBPS RRB 2020 Exams
To help you prepare , here are the latest IBPS RRB 2020 exam books and solved papers for you to prepare for the upcoming examinations.
Based on your exam & common interview performance, IBPS shall award scores that are valid for 1 year.Depending on these scores & your RRB preferences, IBPS will automatically allot you to a bank.
This means shortlisted candidates for Group A – Officers (scale I, II and III) need not appear for interviews in each & every regional bank in their chosen state.
By January 2021, all qualified candidates would get final allotments in any of their preferred regional rural banks.
The application fees are fixed at Rs.175(SC/ST) or Rs.850 (others) with the following options of payment.
Online: (from July 1 – 27): Visit ibps.in & click on the ‘RRB online application’ to fill the necessary details.
- After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/ credit or debit cards.
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt