- Almonds are a great source of nutrients for the body. Whether you eat it raw or soaked is all up to you and your taste bud. However, when it comes to your health, you must go for soaked almonds. Soaking the almond not only makes it easier to take off the peel, but also allows the nuts to release all the nutrients easily. That being said, let us see what makes the two different from each other and why one is better than the other.
- Besides being rich in nutrients like Vitamin E, almonds are loaded with dietary fibres, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids and protein. The protein factor in them helps in making you feel fuller for a longer period of time, preventing you from extra calorie intake and assisting in weight loss. Additionally, it helps strengthen your bones and regulate blood sugar.
- When it comes to almonds, raw and soaked almonds not only differ in taste, but also vary in the amount of nutrients they provide to the body. While raw almonds are layered by the brown skin that contains tannin which hinders nutrient absorption, soaked almonds make it easier to take off the peel, hence allowing the nut to release the nutrients easily.
- Soak a handful of almonds in a cup of water. Cover the cup with a lid and let it rest for six to seven hours. Once they are nicely soaked, peel off the brown skin and eat them fresh. You can also store them in a plastic container.
Besides being loaded with nutrients and better than raw almonds, here are some other benefits of eating soaked almonds.
– It is extremely good for digestion.
– It makes for a healthy snack and assists in effective weight loss.
– It reduces bad cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy.
– Vitamin E in almonds makes it a good source of antioxidants that prevents aging and inflammation.
– Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 which works wonders on cancer patients.