State Bank of India has released the official notification for the recruitment of Circle Banking Officer (CBO) recruitment 2020.A total of 3850 CBO vacancies are to be filled across various circles of SBI.Candidates willing to apply for SBI CBO recruitment 2020 need to apply online at sbi.co.in or bank.sbi/careers.
Circle Based Officers – It seems to be a new post created by SBI, after the merger of SBI associate banks.With the brand value that SBI carries, it is not doubt, huge number of applications are expected to be received.
Though CBO sounds like PO – the eligibility criteria,experience and job profile are different compared to probationary officer position.
Dates to Note:
Online registration dates: 27 July 2020 to 16 August 2020
Examination date: Not yet announced.
Vacancies & Salary
Circle based officer (CBO) – 3850 positions across different circles.
The take-home salary of SBI CBO would be ₹ 42,000 to 48,000 per month, which could vary slightly based on the place of posting , experience etc.,
The appointed candidates will not be entitled for inter-circle transfers up to his/her promotion to SMGS-IV grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO: Who are Eligible to Apply?
Candidates who wish to apply for the SBI CBO 2020 recruitment are required to satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant should not be above 30 years as on 01.08.2020 (relaxation of OBC: +3yrs, SC/ST: 5 yrs applies)
- Must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Should have minimum 2 years’ experience as an officer in any commercial bank or any regional rural bank, as on 01.08.2020.
- Candidates must produce their class 10th or 12th mark sheet/ certificate having studied the specific local language of the applied state as one of the subjects.
Note: Those with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues and/or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
SBI CBO: Selection Process
The selection will be based on shortlisting and interview.A merit list – state wise, category wise, for selection will be prepared in descending order on the basis of scores obtained in interview only.
On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) and will be on probation for a period of 6 months.
SBI CBO 2020: Application & Documents
Candidates have to pay an application fee of ₹ 750 (General/ OBC) while registering themselves online through Bank’s website from 27.07.2020 to 16.08.2020. SC/ST candidates are not required to pay any registration fees.
The following list of documents must be uploaded along with the online application:
- Recent Photograph,
- ID Proof (PDF),
- Proof of Date of Birth (PDF),
- Brief Resume – detailing educational/ professional qualification, experience and assignments handled (PDF),
- Educational Certificates: Relevant Mark Sheets/ Degree/ Certificate (PDF),
- Professional Qualification Certificate (eg. MBA, CA, CFA, ICWA etc.), if any.
- JAIIB/ CAIIB Certificate (if any),
- Experience certificates (PDF),
- Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF),
- 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified local language of the applied state as one of the subjects.
Official notification: Click here to download the official notice (pdf)
Online application: Click here to apply online