After you’ve added your Facebook pixel base code to your website, you can use the event setup tool to set up standard events and parameters without the need to code. Only standard events are available now, and not custom events.
Before you begin
- Check that your website has a Facebook pixel installed.
- Make sure that you have admin permissions for the pixel.
- Turn off ad blockers in your browser.
- Make sure that your business is not in a regulated vertical.
- To set up content ID and content type parameters, a unique product identifier should be available either in your web page text or web page URL. For example, a product SKU or UPC. Content ID and content type parameters are only available for view content, add to cart, initiate checkout, purchase, search, add to wishlist and lead events.
Note: Facebook does not currently allow businesses in the following regulated verticals to use the event setup tool: investment banking and brokerage, insurance, financial services, retail, credit union and commercial banking, credit, financing, mortgages, pharmaceutical and health. Businesses in these verticals can set up events manually instead.
To use the event setup tool:
- Sign in to your Ads Manager account.
- Select Events Manager in the main menu.
- Select the pixel that you’d like to use.
- Click Settings.
- Select Open event setup tool under Event setup.
- Enter your URL and click Open website. The event setup tool will launch in your website browser.
- Click Review by each suggested event and then select Confirm or Dismiss.
- To add events that don’t appear in your suggested list, navigate your website as usual to find the buttons or web pages that you want. Select Track new button or Track a URL and follow the on-screen instructions.Note: When you set up an event on a button, you’re adding the event to all buttons with the same or similar text on your website.
- Select an event.
- Set up parameters for your event.
- Click Finish setup in the event setup tool when you’ve finished.
To view your events, go to Events Manager, select your pixel and view your event graph and table. To test that your events are firing correctly, go to Events Manager, select your pixel, click the Test events tab and follow the instructions. Learn how to use the test events tool.