Navigate to the Meta App that is set-up for WhatsApp by going to developers.facebook.com > My Apps > Select your App.
If your phone number is currently registered with WhatsApp Messenger or the WhatsApp Business App, you need to first delete it. See Migrate an Existing WhatsApp Number to a Business Account.
- Use left menu to navigate to the WhatsApp > Getting Started (or Setup) panel.
- On the right pane select Add phone number button under Step 5: Add a phone number.
- Use the display name guidelines to enter a display name for your phone number. This is the name that will show for your business phone number once approved.
- Select your Timezone. This will be used for WhatsApp Billing and analytics.
- Select a Category for your business and enter a Business description.
- Select Next to begin the phone number verification process.
- Select your country code from the drop down and enter the phone number you would like to register.
- Select how you would like to receive your verification code, either by Text Message or Phone and click Next to continue. You will need access to the phone number before selecting Next to receive the verification code.
- Enter the verification code once received and click Next to continue.
- The phone number will appear in the From drop down menu of the Send and receive messages section of the panel.
- Select the newly added phone number to begin sending messages.
If your phone number fails to register, you will see a message below the drop down that says “Please register your phone number to send messages.” Click on the link to access the configuration screen, then click on the slider button next to Registered to register your phone number again.