Multipass provides a command line interface to launch, manage and generally fiddle about with instances of Linux. The downloading of a minty-fresh image takes a matter of seconds, and within minutes a VM can be up and running.The Register
- Ubuntu LTS on tap-Launch instances of Ubuntu and initialize them with cloud-init metadata just like AWS, Azure, Google, IBM and Oracle clouds.
- Up to date-Automatically fetch and maintain the freshest Ubuntu image from Canonical. Never waste time on updates at launch.
- Pet, and cattle-Your ‘primary’ instance gets special treatment with integration to your native filesystem and dedicated hot-key access.
- Native hypervisor-Hyper-V, HyperKit, Virtualbox and KVM are all natively used for the fastest startup time.
- Optimised guests-Custom tuned Ubuntu kernel is used for each hypervisor for the best I/O and performance.
- Platform integration-Share files and folders between your normal home directory and your instances.