HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DOMAIN NAME FOR MY WORDPRESS SITE?
- Access phpMyAdmin via your Control Panel. For instructions, please see: Accessing phpMyAdmin for your DV server.
- Click on the MySQL database for your WordPress blog. This opens phpMyAdmin in a new browser window or tab, depending on your browser preferences.
- Click on wp-options.
- Click on Edit on the line for siteurl. Repeat this process for the home row, also found in the wp_options table.
- Enter your new blog domain name and click the Go button. For this example, we are changing the domain from http://blog.dv-example.com to http://dv-example.com.
- Repeat this process for the home row, also found in the wp_options table.
- Be sure that you rename the folder to the new URL in FTP or the File Manager. That’s it!
Remember that your WordPress Dashboard has now changed and will be using the URL you entered in Step 6.