Applications are invited from gainfully employed young citizens for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers (Non Departmental), based on the concept of enabling motivated young citizens to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
1. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY: (iv) Algebra. Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem,
HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations,
- Nationality: Only citizens of India (male and female). relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical
- Age Limits: 18 to 42 years as on last day of filing of application i.e. and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables
19 Aug 2021. and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one (c) Educational Qualifications: Graduate from any recognized variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational university. expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
- Physical Standards: A candidate must be physically and medically (v) Trigonometry. Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. fit in all respects. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of
- Employment: Gainfully Employed. heights and distances.
Note: Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
- DATE OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION: 26 Sep 2021.
- The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the competent authority.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:The Online Registration and Applications can be filed from 20 JUL to 19 AUG 2021 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
- CENTRES OF EXAMINATION: The Examination will be held at the following Centres:
JAIPUR PUNE BENGALURU HYDERABAD
KOLKATA DARJEELING GUWAHATI DIMAPUR
CHANDIGARH JALANDHAR SHIMLA DELHI
AMBALA HISAR LUCKNOW ALLAHABAD AGRA BHUBANESHWAR DEHRADUN UDHAMPUR
- STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION:
Paper Subject Time Numbers Marks
Part – 1 Reasoning 50 50
- Part – 2 Elementary 2 hrs
Part – 1 General
- Knowledge 2 hrs
Part – 2 English 50 50
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be a Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
Paper – I. Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
- Part – 1. Reasoning. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
- Part – 2. Elementary Mathematics.
- Arithmetic. Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
- Unitary Method. Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory. Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Geometry. Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point.
- Parallel lines.
- Sides and angles of a triangle.
- Congruency of triangles.
- Similar triangles.
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes.
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square.
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal.
- Mensuration. Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics. Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
Measures of central tendency.
Paper – II. General Knowledge and English.
- Part – 1. General Knowledge. General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
- Part – 2. English. The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
- CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE
EXAMINATION:The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
- TIME: Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions.
- TYPE OF EXAM: Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
- QUALIFYING MARKS: Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and overall average of 50%.
- PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.